|Series||The Addams Family (TV Series)|
|Original Airdate||March 11, 1966|
|Written by||Paul Tuckahoe|
|Director||Stanley Z. Cherry|
Kitty Kat, the family's pet lion, seems out of sorts. Grandmama says he hasn't eaten, and notes that he's been making friends with an alley cat and may just be lonely. They plan to take him wife shopping in Africa until Cousin Itt suggests it may be just a cold. Gomez tries to call Doctor Mbogo in Africa, but the doctor won't treat Kitty Kat because the lion's father ate his father. With Thing's help consulting the phone book, they call a veterinarian, Dr. Gunderson. They take him to Kitty Kat's favorite room, the play room, and find the lion exploring the secret tunnel. They realize he is afraid so they plan to build his confidence by having him treat Cousin Itt, who pretends to be sick. They take him up to Cousin Itt's Bedroom where Itt eats his thermometer. Then they take him to treat Cleopatra in the conservatory, and Uncle Fester in his bedroom, but when they ask him to treat Thing, he bolts from the house. Grandmama then reports that Kitty Kat wasn't sick after all, he wasn't eating because Pugsley had already fed him.
- Gomez reminisces about stalking Morticia through Hurricane Dora and Typhoon Terry before their engagement, although it was previously shown that they married very soon after they met, perhaps the same day.
- Pugsley's octopus is mentioned, and Pierre waggles his antlers.
- Edwin Booth Addams is mentioned.
- When Thing hands Morticia the telephone, he is a left hand instead of his usual right.
- Leg of Yak
- Marinated Cheetah
- Souflee of Aardvark
- Broiled Elephant Hooves
Links and References
- Marty Ingels as Dr. Marvin P. Gunderson
- Loyal 'Doc' Lucas as Jungle Doctor
| Previous episode:|
Addams Cum Laude
|Episodes of The Addams Family (TV Series)|| Next episode:|
Lurch's Little Helper