|Halloween With the New Addams Family|
|Starring|| Carolyn Jones|
|Directed By||Dennis Steinmetz|
|Written By||George Tibbles|
|Release Date||October 30, 1977|
Halloween with the New Addams Family is a television special that reunited most of the cast of the original series.
Gomez's brother, Pancho Addams, stays with the family for Halloween while Gomez attends a Snake Lodge meeting in Tombstone, Arizona. Pancho tells Pugsley Jr. and Wednesday Jr. the legend of Cousin Shy, a shy spirit who carves pumpkins and distributes gifts on Halloween. Gomez worries that Pancho will take his place as father and husband before he returns the next night, but he waves goodbye to Morticia and Kitty Kat and departs. Meanwhile, a trio of crooks are spying on the Family with cameras placed throughout the mansion. They arranged Gomez' absence to gain easier entrance and send Mikey Grimm in posing as a tax assessor.
Wednesday Sr. returns home from Music Academy, and Dr. Pugsley Sr. Addams returns from Nairobi Medical School. After enduring all sorts of ookiness in the cemetery and play room, Mikey is on the verge of a breakdown. Dr. Addams tries to help with a chant, causing Mikey to flee. Gomez returns home early to find the family trimming the Halloween Scarecrow without him, but Cousin Itt reassures him and tells him to think of the children and Halloween. He helps them finish the trimming, then they welcome Ophelia and other guests for a masquerade party. The other crooks, "Bones" Lafferty and Louie "the Lard," and their bodyguards pose as John Quincy Addams and family to join the party while sending look-alikes of Gomez and Morticia in through the back. A number of mistaken identities and incidents later, the bodyguards and look-alikes flee the ookiness too. When police arrive because of a noise complaint, Bones and Louie confess and beg to be taken away.
- The theme song is a reworked instrumental version of the theme from the original series. A new song, "A Merry, Shh, Creepy Hallowe'en", is sung throughout the show.
- Since the television show, Gomez and Morticia Addams have had two more children, named Pugsley Jr. Addams and Wednesday Jr. Addams, who are look-a-likes of their older siblings Pugsley Addams and Wednesday Addams.
- Morticia recalls their honeymoon in that heavenly place, Death Valley.
- Uncle Faustus, Bluebeard Addams, Cousin Ahab, Miss Salem Addams, Charles Freeze Addams, Cousin Ptolemy, Cousin Sloth, and Uncle Morbid are mentioned.
- The family motto is "You must never bury anybody without leaving a marker."
- Marie Antoinette and Lady Fingers appear.
- The scene where Lafferty asks Mikey to go into the Addams house is a spoof of a Life Cereal commercial.
- When Thing hands Mikey his hat, he is a left hand instead of his usual right.
- Pugsley Sr. has a tattoo of Doctor Mbogo, though he calls him Doctor Mgumbo.
- Hopping Eggs
- Molten Eye of Newt Pudding
- Whale Ribs
- Salamander Cake
Links and References
- John Astin as Gomez Addams
- Carolyn Jones as Morticia Addams
- Jackie Coogan as Uncle Fester
- Ted Cassidy as Lurch
- Jane Rose as Grandmama
- Lisa Loring as Wednesday Addams
- Ken Weatherwax as Pugsley Addams
- Henry Darrow as Pancho Addams
- Felix Silla as Cousin Itt
- Parley Baer as "Bones" Lafferty
- Vito Scotti as Mikey Grimm
- Patrick Campbell as Louie the Lard