Ophelia Frump is the cheery, happy and muscular sister of Morticia Addams.
She is nothing like her younger sister, as she is closer to being "normal" because she likes to cook normal food, and is often very cheery and upbeat. However, she is a bit moody and can be quite gloomy when sad. She once almost married her brother-in-law, a very reluctant Gomez Addams, when he was promised to marry her in an arranged marriage (which seems to be a tradition in the Addams Family.) She then fell for Cousin Itt and left Gomez to Morticia. She is very close with her mother Hester.
In The New Addams Family, she seems to be a bit mean to Morticia, unlike how she was in the original series.
Ophelia tends to Judo-flip people, but they don't like it, leading several men to break up with her. She is also a bit clumsy, breaking a lot of items, and, like Uncle Fester, she can slide up the Fireman's Pole. Plants also grow on her head.
The Addams Family original series episodes:
- "Morticia's Romance: Part 1"
- "Morticia's Romance: Part 2"
- "Ophelia Finds Romance"
- "Ophelia Visits Morticia"
- "Ophelia's Career"
The television special:
The feature films:
The New Addams Family episodes:
- "Morticia's Romance: Part 1" (new)
- Ophelia was played by Carolyn Jones in the original series and the Halloween special, by Allegra Kent in 1991, by Laura Esterman in 1993 and by Lisa Calder in The New Addams Family.
- She occasionally appeared in Charles Addams's original cartoons, such as eating with the family, asking her mother if she can borrow the broomstick, or having an ugly young man proclaim his love for her ("There's enough hate in my heart for both of us.")