|Series||The Addams Family (TV Series)|
|Original Airdate||April 8, 1966|
|Written by||Harry Winkler and Hannibal Coons|
Ophelia arrives in tears as usual, as she's been jilted again. When Pugsley says she'll make a very nice old maid, she slides up the fireman's pole to go rest. Morticia thinks she should take up a career to distract her from her bad track record with men. Uncle Fester tries to teach her chemistry in his bedroom. Morticia and Gomez are working in the gallery when the Wolf's Head Clock strikes three and they realize Ophelia's been up there for two hours and nothing has happened. Morticia suggests an artistic endeavor so Cousin Itt offers to teach her opera singing. Gomez, Morticia and Fester retreat to the play room to play hockey, and when they return they find that Ophelia now sings like Itt talks. Gomez hires Signor Bellini to help with the effort. He gets furious with her and threatens to quit. Ophelia tries singing choral music, in a chorus of voices she is fabulous, which stuns Bellini. Six months later, she's auditioning for the great impresario Rudolpho. Morticia writes a new opera for her, Afternoon in a Swamp. Fester tries to calm her nerves by giving her a throat tonic, which ruins her voice. Ophelia tries singing again and even cuts a record, which she sends the Family. She now has a two-tone voice... alto and bass.
- Sir Newton Addams is mentioned.
- Cousin Itt spent fifteen years at the West African Institute for Music supplying hair for violin bows.
- When the bell is out of order, Gomez shoots a target on the Grandfather Moose Clock's tail, making a ringing sound which summons Lurch.
- Pierre waggles his antlers for impresario Rudolpho.
Links and References
- Ben Wright as Mr. Rudoipho
- Ralph Rose as Signor Bellini
| Previous episode:|
Lurch's Grand Romance
|Episodes of The Addams Family (TV Series)|| Next episode:|
Halloween with the New Addams Family