|Series||The Addams Family (TV Series)|
|Original Airdate||February 12, 1965|
|Written by||Harry Winkler and Hannibal Coons|
Gomez and Morticia return from a trip hunting bats and buzzards to find that Grandmama has set up a fortune-telling tent inside The Addams Family Mansion. As Madame Bovary, she tells fortunes for tips. An undercover police officer arrests her. Gomez, Uncle Fester, and Morticia go to court to defend her.
- Grandmama's fortune-telling name is Madame Bovary, though she previously used Madame de Pompadour.
- When Gomez threatens to burn down Grandmama's tent, Morticia compares him to Mamoud Khali Pasha Addams, the firebug of the Bosphorus.
- Gomez and Morticia once concealed a hacksaw in a pie to get Cousin Cringe out of jail.
- Gomez "Loophole" Addams could pay a fine of ten dollars, but chooses to fight on principle.
Hal Smith, who plays the Judge, is better known as Otis, the town drunk, on The Andy Griffith Show.
Cousin Cringe is referenced in this episode.
Links and References
- Hal Smith as Judge Harvey Saunders
- James Flavin as Lt. Poston
- Lela Bliss as Mrs. Saunders
- Gail Bonney as Police Woman
- Ray Walker as Bailiff
| Previous episode:|
Cousin Itt Visits the Addams Family
|Episodes of The Addams Family (TV Series)|| Next episode:|
Amnesia in the Addams Family