|Series||The Addams Family (TV Series)|
|Original Airdate||January 21, 1966|
|Written by||Hannibal Coons and Harry Winkler|
In the attic on a stormy night, Gomez and Morticia reminisce about their honeymoon in Death Valley. They discover Great-Grandfather Pegleg's old sea chest, and the treasure map in it. Morticia wants to search for the treasure, but half the map is missing, so the first search is through the house for the rest of the map. When Gomez finds it they charter a boat from Captain Grimby and his mate, Mr. Brack. Grimby becomes infected with greed, especially when Gomez offers him $200,000 for the charter. The sailors try to steal the map, but Uncle Fester startles them. They torture him to make him open the safe, but he enjoys that. He only gives them the combination when they stop. The safe is booby-trapped, and they're scared off. When Gomez and Morticia check the safe they find a code book for the map. When they check it, it turns out that the treasure is buried under the house, not at sea. They dig up the treasure chest, open it, and find that it's filled with chocolate gold pieces.
- Marie Antoinette and the Wolf's Head Clock appear in this episode.
- When Thing looks in the phone book, he is a left hand instead of his usual right.
- Morticia feeds Esmerelda (an unseen pet in a birdcage) an iron ingot.
- Morticia feeds the piranha. They must be new piranha since Tristan and Isolde ate each other.
- Cousin Itt has the eye of an eagle, plus a few of his own.
- Uncle Droop and Aunt Drip appear in this episode.
- Roger Arroyo plays Cousin Itt in this episode.
Links and References
- Nestor Paiva as Captain Grimby
- Dick Reeves as Mr. Brack
| Previous episode:|
Fester Goes on a Diet
|Episodes of The Addams Family (TV Series)|| Next episode:|
Ophelia Finds Romance